Kopimism is a Religion of LAW where copying information is a sacred virtue. it has been founded by 19-year-old philosophy student Isak Gerson. The followers of the religion are called Kopimists from copy me. This "Copy Me" Idea originated from a phrase in the Bible, and propagated through the Internet as a meme.
“ Copy me, my brothers, just as I copy Christ himself”
- Bible: 1 Corinthians 11:1
Kopimi is not an excuse or destination for file sharers, but the means of File Sharing.
Kopimism Laws made simple:
- All knowledge to all
- The search for knowledge is sacred
- The circulation of knowledge is sacred
- The act of copying is sacred.
Kopimist Constitutional Law :
- Copying of information is ethically right.
- Dissemination of information is ethically right.
- Copymixing is a sacred kind of copying, moreso than the perfect, digital copying, because it expands and enhances the existing wealth of information
- Copying or remixing information communicated by another person is seen as an act of respect and a strong expression of acceptance and Kopimistic faith.
- The Internet is holy.
- Code is law.